Counseling and parent training are very important in successful treatment of ADHD. ADHD can be associated with poor academic and work performance, interpersonal difficulties, family and parental stress, marital stress, depression and poor self-esteem. Counseling can help to decrease depression and anxiety, bolster self-confidence, and address behavioral problems. In therapy skills are taught and practiced to manage stress and anger, improve communication, and resolve conflicts. Parent training is effective for the reduction of parent-child conflict, parental stress, and disruptive behavior. Therapy can also help to reduce marital conflict and enhance the happiness and relationships of everyone in the family.
Get started with Dr Gordon. We have treatment and solutions available online, by phone, and in our offices.
ADD & ADHD Solutions
Join Our Mailing List
& Receive 5 Parenting Tips!
Connect with us
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic PainSeptember 14, 2017 - 7:44 pm
- Tips for Parents Supporting Children with ADHDSeptember 7, 2017 - 12:46 pm
- Plan Ahead to Help Your Child with ADHD: Tips for Mastery of the Classroom ExperienceAugust 31, 2017 - 11:23 am
- Therapy Podcast – Forgiving Yourself for a Bad DayAugust 22, 2017 - 7:31 pm
- Therapy Podcast – Supporting Significant Others During Diet Part 2 & Self ImageAugust 18, 2017 - 1:38 pm